Monday, January 14, 2013

6 Months And Counting....

This weekend will mark the start of our sixth month of Real Drunk Housewives shows in Hollywood.  CBS2 came out to cover us last Friday -- due to the presence of our newest member; Big Brother and Amazing Race reality superstar Rachel Reilly (who has worked her ass off to be in this show) -- and we will be hitting it hard through February -- at least.  I came up with the idea for Real Drunk Housewives a year ago.  In January.  I was watching a friend perform standup at Oh My Ribs (the theatre-that's-not-a-restaurant and the place where we've actually been doing our show) and one of female comedians did a set where she was inebriated to the point where I'm sure she could have blown a .16 into a breathalizer.  The comedian, Amy, was really cute, funny and everything, but had had one too many glasses of boxed wine and I remember thinking that she was "really drunk" which led me to think about "real drunk comedians" which then led me to ponder my wife's obsession with "real housewives" who are usually filmed after drinking a few glasses of pinot, so they're basically "really drunk housewives" which led to the basic truth/parody of the Bravo franchise which is "These are Real Drunk Housewives..."  That's how it started.

No comments:

Various Artists - Musical Beans: Animal Songs for Children