Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year! (Uh, Time To Get In Shape...)

I just turned 50 the other day. Nathalie insisted that I go to the doctor because when you turn 50 that's the first thing you're supposed to do.

So I went to my old, fat doctor who told me I need to lose 36 lbs., whereupon, with his expert analysis, I, too, suddenly became old and fat. Ah, the magic of modern medicine..

Of course, that BMI (Body Mass Index) chart he brought out was all lies. I haven't weighed 189 since I started gaining weight after playing Danny Zuko in 1982. Plus, I'm sure the doctor's scale was all messed up and they weighed me with my shoes on, and you know, all that accounts for at least an extra 10, 12 lbs. right there.

So, by rights, I should only have to lose about ten or 15 lbs.

But that doesn't get me "in shape," does it?

I mean, if I lost ten or 15 lbs., I still wouldn't be running any marathons anytime soon would I?

Maybe a potato sack race, but that's a BIG maybe.

I think the point is; to have a longer, happier life with my friends, family, and students, I need to get in shape and stay in shape.

Same thing applies to singers and voices.

So, this year, let's all get in shape and, fer Pete's sake, let's stay in shape.

Might as well.

2008 is going to be a huge year for us all!

No comments:

Various Artists - Musical Beans: Animal Songs for Children